Deadly Alliance Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Resignation
New Ruleset Empty19.01.09 6:57 by ZONKSA

» For the Blue Bull supporters
New Ruleset Empty17.01.09 14:18 by Will1970

» Think before you speak
New Ruleset Empty17.01.09 10:09 by NoTyp3

» Friendly COD4 Clanmatch
New Ruleset Empty17.01.09 10:06 by NoTyp3

» Quote Of The Day
New Ruleset Empty17.01.09 9:01 by NoTyp3

» Telkom connection problems
New Ruleset Empty16.01.09 23:44 by NoTyp3

» Call of Duty Modern Warfare2 count down
New Ruleset Empty15.01.09 17:28 by NoTyp3

» AGASA Admin Fever
New Ruleset Empty15.01.09 8:34 by NoTyp3

» COD4 3rd CHALLENGE COD4 2nd
New Ruleset Empty15.01.09 8:21 by Invader

» BF no more
New Ruleset Empty14.01.09 23:02 by Ch8s3r

» Top Posters
New Ruleset Empty14.01.09 19:31 by Morphza

» iGame Teamspeak
New Ruleset Empty14.01.09 11:59 by Brakus

» Left 4 Dead
New Ruleset Empty13.01.09 18:20 by Veld_Muis

» 2 Questions
New Ruleset Empty13.01.09 14:49 by Brakus

» Singapore / New Zealand / Australia
New Ruleset Empty13.01.09 8:36 by Brakus

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New Ruleset

+4
FnatiC
Migs
Will1970
Jansen543
8 posters

Go down

New Ruleset Empty New Ruleset

Post by Jansen543 28.11.08 19:24

Here is an interview regarding the new COD4 ruleset:

Note the most prominent changes:
1. Marines can`t use AK
2. Cook nades and distance for throwing has been removed/changed
3. Hit registration eg. where shot to the head was 40 it is now 80 and where shot to the hand was 40 it is now 14 as an example

New CoD4 Ruleset released
@ Scene news channel

A new and updated rule set has been brought out to replace ProMod, the ruleset that brought unity to CoD4. We have all the details and an interview with Morg, the orchestrator of the MoD.

The Call of Duty series is at a crucial point. Do we switch to CoD:WW or do we stay with CoD:4. This is definitely the million dollar question at the moment. One person who was adamant he wanted the scene to stick with CoD4 was Morg, the manager of the CoD4 Dignitas team and a very well known and respected person in the community.

After working with Raf1 for some time on a new version of ProMod, he saw that getting a new version of ProMod was not going to be possible, and thus turned his attention to the DAMN coder MavLP. Together they have worked to come up with a new ruleset, the DAMN:MW ruleset, that has made a lot of drastic changes to the game.

The aim of the MOD was definitely to make the game more competitive and less luck based. A lot of the controversial aspects of the game have been either removed or looked at, and the biggest one is definitely the cook nades. Grenades are something that have ruled the CoD series, and are deemed by some to be far too powerful. Now they have been tuned down considerably. The MOD also goes back to the roots of the CoD series, and re-introduces team based weapons for each side. Below you can find the full changelog of DAMN:MW.
Show the full changelog

The DAMN:MW mod works in a very similar way to that of Promod with all the features of Promod and some additional changes.

DAMN mod Changelog:
Menu Screen revamped - The menu screen has been reworked and now picking weapons couldnt be easier

Multiplayer options - All the major ingame tweaks such as maxpackets and fps are now in the multiplayer options menu

Weapons per side - Players now play as marines on defence and opfor on attack on all maps with certain weapons assigned to each side.

Opfor/Attack:
- Ak47
- Mp44
- G36c
- G3
- Ak74u

Marines/defence:
- M16
- M4
- M14
- MP5

All other weapons are availible to both teams - All silenced weapons have been removed.

Hitbox changes - Hitbox damage multipliers have been changed - previously in call of duty 4 the damage multipliers were 1.4x to the head and 1x to everywhere else. This has now changed to 2x in the head 1.4x neck 1x torso 0.6 arms and legs and 0.4 hands and feet. This is to help promote aim and controled fire of weapons.

Sniper rifles - Headshot does 220 damage and will kill through walls, bodyshot does 110, arms legs and feet is a major tag.

Sniper rifle unscope - Works more like cod1 unscope when standing still, has a high spread when moving still.

M16 - reduced fire rate weapon works similar to a rifle now - two bullets from the burst in the head kills, 3 in the body kills.

G3 - reduced fire rate - fires similar to a Garand from CoD2

M14 - reduced fire rate and clip size of 10 - Weapon does single shot headshot, 2 shots in the chest - works similar to a cod2 rifle

MP5 and AK74u - The weapons have had their range reduced to help stop "sniper ak74u" people across the map. The guns are still very effective close range.

Deagle - Reduced rate of fire and slight nerf of damage to adjust it with the new hitboxes. still a very effective secondary weapon.

SMG class limit is now 2 per team

Nades - Cooknades have been removed completely, nade throwing distance has been nerfed to around 30% less distance, damage radius has been reduced by around 30%

Wallbanging - Has been reduced on all weapons and all surfaces by around 25% - it is still possible to get a kill and find out where people are but just slightly less effective

Crosshairs - The crosshair on weapons is now thinner and looks similar to the cod1 crosshair

Hitblips - Visual hitblips are now off - audio hitblips are still on and thud through walls as well as a dink when headshotting people

Healthbar - Healthbar added although regen is still on when you are on low health you will not get the red viens in view.

Shoutcaster now has a minimap when spectating the game in eyes of players

New score text for players showing the team scores

Flash Grenades - work like CS 1.6 effective when looked at but limited when turning away, when selecting flashes you get 2x for the round.

Muzzle flash - has been turned back on

Team Dignitas have setup a public server that you can use to test out the MOD, 85.236.101.99:29360, to see what you think of the MOD itself. We also have the MOD on the Cadred site so you can download the files and update your servers to the latest version of DAMN:MW. You can download the files from the link below:

Morg Interview

We also wanted to get the opinions of Morg himself, to see what he had to say about this new version of DAMN:MW. I managed to sit down with him and get a few answers about him.

Morg, nice to speak to you again. As we have interviewed you before, there isn't a real need to reintroduce you. But you are here to talk about DAMN:MW. Now, DAMN:MW is a continuation of ProMod, the widely used competitive MOD. Firstly, for those that have never heard of the generic term, could you describe what exactly is ProMod and what it has done to the CoD4 scene so far.

Well basically the name ProMod was just used as a flag for the project, the idea of which was to have a unified ruleset for the call of duty community rather than what we had seen previously with PAM. Leagues having their own perks and such. Since first releasing promod worldwide we've seen a massive uptake of it, with now almost everyone playing the competitive side of CoD4 using promod be it in leagues, small tournaments or big competitions. I think its an important factor to have everyone playing the "same game" so new talent can come through the ranks of Clanbase etc.

ProMod certainly removed a lot of the less competitive sides of CoD4. People may ask why we are speaking to you about DAMN:MW now. You have however, orchestrated the release of a "new" version of the ruleset, changing over to DAMN:MW. Firstly before talking about it directly, why did you want to get a new version of this MOD made?

Since the start of promod there was a lot of things that we wanted to change to the game that people were asking to have added and removed to help make the game more competitive. However due to the 3 summer lans and people not wanting to have the ruleset changed too close to them a lot of changes were left aside. Shortly after the LAN's there was a massive lul in proceedings and various other things meant that nothing got done about sorting a few things out. It's gotten to the stage where the game really needs the updates for competitive play regardless of whether or not people will be playing it at the top level in 6 months time.

Well, you have wanted to make these changes. Can you confirm that these changes have now been made in a new version of the ruleset, now call DAMN:MW?

There have certainly been some changes within the new ruleset MOD and a lot of them have been a long time coming. But I still think personally there could be some more chnges made to the game to make it better. However changing the game too much without communities full input and considered judgement wouldnt be beneficial. We have also changed to DAMN:MW, rather than updating ProMod, as Raf1, the maker of ProMod was not able to spend the time needed on the MOD to get it how we wanted it.

Could you give us a brief run down of some of the major changes that you have orchestrated in the new release of DAMN:MW?

The major changes are; Cooknading has been turned off as well as changes in distances they can be thrown - Hitbox damage multipliers have been changed. So a bullet that was doing 56 damage to the head now does 80 and the same bullet from the same type of gun did 40 damage to the hand it now does 14. - Weapons are now assigned a team similar to old versions of call of duty.

Out of all of the changes that has been done, which do you think is going to be the most "controversial" as such, and which one do you think will be most widely appreciated?

I think the most controversial one will be the weapons being allowed per team rather than just picking any weapon CoD4 has. Mainly due to the fact that the only guns, other than a few people, used previous to this promod release were the AK74u and AK47. This is forcing people to use different weapons as marines, but due to the hitbox changes the weapons are far more balanced. So hopefully people will realise this. And I think the most widely appreciated will be the cooknades being removed, although some people are against it.

How did you decide to make these changes to the game? Your own personal views on how the game should go or did you do a gaming equivalent of a "focus" group as such?

Ive basically listened to what so many people have been saying about the gameplay of CoD4 and how they think it can be improved, from ideas of removing sprint to limiting weapons. I then looked at the different options thought about how they would fit together in gameplay and how peoplea would play certain maps. I also tested things out to see if it was a viable option or not.

Ultimately its about encorperating those ideas together in creating a better competitive game with a good balance.

Was there anything more "extreme" that you wanted to add/remove to DAMN:MW that you ended up leaving out? For example sprinting and regen?

I had toyed with the idea of removing regen and changes to weapons further but its not neceseray and looses some of its "CoD'ness". And sprinting is something i deffinately don't want removed from the game.

Why is that? Sprinting is something that has definitely been quite controversial and the argument against it is that it makes it less "skillful", then again that was with the original AK74u.

Sprinting makes the game fast paced compared to other CoD games and standard fps team titles. It's one of the reasons that the game is so popular to watch.

There is obviously a big discussion at the moment about which game to play. We have seen a few teams declare they are moving to CoD:WW. Do you think this new DAMN:MW is enough to keep teams playing CoD4 instead of moving on?

I don't know, if people are playing games they find fun then they will play either cod4, cod5 or neither, depending on which they like more, I think these updates might sway a few peoples opinions. However for the top teams and mainstay of competiton it comes down to events and tournamnets be it online or LAN for either game to be the preference.

Do you think we will ever see CoD4 back to the level of activity it was over the summer? I know people have talked about how this version of DAMN:MW could give CoD4 the new "edge" it needs to get even bigger, maybe even WCG/ESWC style big. Do you think this is realistic?

WCG/ESWC perhaps not, but I think the game being as "big" as it was in the summer is a possibility. There's still a massive fan base out there for CoD4 and its winter, theres always a downturn of events during the winter. Just a case of wait and see.

How has the feedback of the DAMN:MW been so far, through the original Beta of it?

Well other than the obvious bugs its been very positive. There have been the occasional grumble here and there about not being able to use the AK's as marines, but when people try the other weapons they hush down.

Is DAMN:MW going to be used at GameLand and CC5?

Due to it being release so close to the LAN's no. It was my intention to get it finished in time, unforunately due to various reasons that didnt happen.

Finally, do you have anything you would like to say to try persuade those who are not yet convinced about this version of DAMN:MW to give it a try and why they should stick with CoD4 and this, rather than playing CoD:WW and the DAMN:MW for that?

Nothing to really persuade people, just make the choice by playing the two before deciding which you prefer.

Thank you very much Morg for your time, and we look forward to seeing how this new MoD works out.
Source: Team Dignitas
Jansen543
Jansen543
Vice Clan Leader
Vice Clan Leader

Male
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-08-20

http://dac.xippy.org

Back to top Go down

New Ruleset Empty Re: New Ruleset

Post by Will1970 29.11.08 9:05

Tried to test it out last night but server was full every time I checked.
Will1970
Will1970
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Male
Number of posts : 663

Back to top Go down

Post by Jansen543 29.11.08 9:52

Is there already a server out? I downloaded the mod and hosted a game to test it and it feels a bit different.

The nades are almost useless now but if they decide that we will play with this mod then we would have to adapt. You can throw a nade directly next to a car and the car does not explode, it just catches fire!!
If a nade falls DIRECTLY on you and you dont move away that will be the only time you get a nade kill.
Jansen543
Jansen543
Vice Clan Leader
Vice Clan Leader

Male
Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Will1970 29.11.08 14:07

Yes there's a int server available, 85.236.101.99:29360
Will1970
Will1970
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Migs 29.11.08 14:49

Jansen543 wrote:Is there already a server out? I downloaded the mod and hosted a game to test it and it feels a bit different.

The nades are almost useless now but if they decide that we will play with this mod then we would have to adapt. You can throw a nade directly next to a car and the car does not explode, it just catches fire!!
If a nade falls DIRECTLY on you and you dont move away that will be the only time you get a nade kill.

What about a combined effort of nade trowing in the biggining of the matches, I mean we only actually use the nades in the beginning of a map so instead of trowing one why not have tow or three players throw to the same spot, surlly this is still effective.

On the other hand I'm happy that the nades have been reduced as most guys kill more with nades than they do with their weapon, I'm quite eager to try this MOD out.
Migs
Migs
Colonel
Colonel

Male
Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by FnatiC 29.11.08 23:27

The nade thing is excellent, i think its the best idea ever. Now true skill will come into play not just nade spamming at the beginning of every round. Im all for the new mod weo weo
FnatiC
FnatiC
Call of Duty Admin
Call of Duty Admin

Male
Number of posts : 74

http://www.gowforlife.wetpaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Morphza 30.11.08 13:16

Sounds like a major improvement to the game... strategies will change, players will have to use their primary weapon
(In case they have forgotten, that's why it's called a "Primary" weapon) Smile
Morphza
Morphza
Senior Clan Member
Senior Clan Member

Male
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://dac.xippy.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Migs 30.11.08 20:20

Yep, the nades were kind of like ruining it for me!
Migs
Migs
Colonel
Colonel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by major 30.11.08 21:59

JOHH!! new mod sounds hectic . . . :shoot:
major
major
Private
Private

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Migs 01.12.08 13:50

Like F1 it levels the playing field, you will need to rely more on your ability to out-smart the other team more than using firepower.
Migs
Migs
Colonel
Colonel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FeVeR 01.12.08 14:49

i think..
BURN THE MOD !!!!
this mod is gonna destroy cod !!
CSS is made for a reason.. if you wanna play CSS, go for it !!
Just dont bring it into COD !!!
FeVeR
FeVeR
Call of Duty Admin
Call of Duty Admin

Male
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Will1970 02.12.08 9:34

I agree burn the mod, making the nades useless is the main problem that I see with that mod, then making the AK74u and MP5 range shorter also ruins my day completely Sad

Hope this mod never gets implemented on SGS.
Will1970
Will1970
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by NoTyp3 02.12.08 17:50

lol counter strike mod for Cod4 ( this sucks badly )
NoTyp3
NoTyp3
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: