Deadly Alliance Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Resignation
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty19.01.09 6:57 by ZONKSA

» For the Blue Bull supporters
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty17.01.09 14:18 by Will1970

» Think before you speak
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty17.01.09 10:09 by NoTyp3

» Friendly COD4 Clanmatch
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty17.01.09 10:06 by NoTyp3

» Quote Of The Day
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty17.01.09 9:01 by NoTyp3

» Telkom connection problems
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty16.01.09 23:44 by NoTyp3

» Call of Duty Modern Warfare2 count down
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty15.01.09 17:28 by NoTyp3

» AGASA Admin Fever
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty15.01.09 8:34 by NoTyp3

» COD4 3rd CHALLENGE COD4 2nd
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty15.01.09 8:21 by Invader

» BF no more
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty14.01.09 23:02 by Ch8s3r

» Top Posters
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty14.01.09 19:31 by Morphza

» iGame Teamspeak
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty14.01.09 11:59 by Brakus

» Left 4 Dead
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty13.01.09 18:20 by Veld_Muis

» 2 Questions
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty13.01.09 14:49 by Brakus

» Singapore / New Zealand / Australia
Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty13.01.09 8:36 by Brakus

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls

+2
Deckard717
Jansen543
6 posters

Go down

Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls

Post by Jansen543 13.09.08 20:12

I found this article on clan BFC`s website:

South African consumers will now be able to make unlimited free cell phone calls with just a monthly subscription of R25 (incl VAT) a month. This is according to PrimeTel, a new telecoms provider launching their telephone and Internet services in South Africa today.

Known as PrimeTel-Cel, the cellphone service has been launched in conjunction with Not Just Talk by Exactmobile. Costing R25 a month, consumers will be able to:

- Call free to all other PrimeTel-Cel users at no extra charge from PrimeTel-Cel;
- Call free to all other PrimeTel lines at no extra charge from PrimeTel-Cel;
- Call to Telkom lines for 59c a minute (instead of cellular operator calls of up to R2.90 a minute);
- Call to other cellular phones for R1.30 a minute (instead of cellular operator calls of up to about R2.90 a minute);
- Make international calls for as little as a tenth of the prices charged by the cellular operators; and
- Users will receive a credit of R5 a month for calling to anywhere in South Africa or the world.

PrimeTel-Cel works by using the data capabilities of cellphones and VoIP technology. Phones that are either Symbian or Windows Mobile compatible will be able to support the PrimeTel-Cel technology.

Standard data rates apply to this new service, but PrimeTel-Cel said that their technology uses very little data (250kB/min).

Depending on the data bundle the user has, calls can be made for as little as a few cents per minute, ultimately resulting in far cheaper cellular calls than current service providers can offer.

“To get PrimeTel-Cel, users will have the option of going to the PrimeTel or Exactmobile websites or Exactmobile WAP site and registering for the service at a nominal monthly fee of R25, which will then either be charged from a user’s available airtime (for prepaid cellular users) or will be charged on the regular cellular contract,” the company said.

“After registering for the PrimeTel-Cel service, an SMS containing a link to download the PrimeTel-Cel application will be sent to the user, who can then immediately begin making use of the service.”

PrimeTel-Cel said that making a call is easy, even for those not familiar with modern technology. Users simply click on the PrimeTel name displayed on their cellphone screen and begin calling the same way one normally would.

“To ensure that PrimeTel-Cel users are not inconvenienced, users’ numbers will remain the same when calling a PrimeTel-Cel user with just a 27 prefix being added to each number. PrimeTel-Cel calls will also ring through to your mobile phone handset the same way a regular call through your current service provider would, so essentially PrimeTel-Cel users will notice no difference in the way they receive calls.”

“The South African consumer is spending far too much on their cellphone calling and now, with the introduction of PrimeTel-Cel into the South African market, we can change that dramatically as the opportunities for cost savings with PrimeTel-Cel abound,” said Michael Alter, PrimeTel’s managing director

PrimeTel Cel
What is PrimeTel-Cel?

PrimeTel-Cel is an application that you can use from your cellular phone and allows you to call all other PrimeTel-Cel users and all other PrimeTel phone lines free of charge from your cellular phone.

Activate PrimeTel-Cel in your cellular phone and get all your friends, family, business contacts, etc to do the same and you can all speak to each-other as much as you want and as often as you want - free of charge.

You can also call other phone numbers anywhere in the world using your PrimeTel-Cel and the cost will be much much cheaper.

How much cheaper will it be?
Much cheaper! Take a look at the following examples:

Call Type Contract Cellular Phone Users* Pre-paid Cellular phone users* WITH PRIMETEL-CEL**
Calls to cellular phones on same network (e.g. MTN to MTN) Typical peak-rate cost R1.75per minute Typical peak-rate costbetweenR2.50andR2.89per minute onlyR1.30 per minute
Calls to cellular phones on different network (e.g. MTN to Vodacom) Typical peak-rate cost R2.35per minute Typical peak-rate cost R2.90per minute onlyR1.30 per minute
Calls to Telkom lines Typical cost R1.75per minute Typical cost R2.90per minute onlyR0.59 per minute
International calls Between R2.90andR5per minute according to destination Prepaid cellular customers cannot make international calls Main destinations are between onlyR0.46andR1.00per minute
Calls to other PrimeTel-Cel users Typical peak-rate cost R2.35per minute Typical peak-rate cost R2.90per minute FREE
Calls to other PrimeTel users Typical peak-rate cost R2.35per minute Typical peak-rate cost R2.90per minute FREE

NOTES
* Prices vary according to the cellular operators plan. We have used a typical middle-level business plan
** All PrimeTel-Cel calls are charged per second from the first second. So if you speak for 3 seconds you only pay for 3 seconds and not for a minute. Another huge saving!
When you make a PrimeTel-Cel call your cellular operator will charge you for data usage. A PrimeTel-Cel call uses about 250k per minute (about 1Mb per 4 minutes). Typical data costs may possibly be between 8c and 20c per minute but the amount you pay depends on which cellular operator you are with and the data bundle you decide to purchase from them.

How does PrimeTel-Cel work?

PrimeTel-Cel is a small application that you download onto your cellular phone. Once you have it you can then make calls from your cellular phone, through the PrimeTel-Cel / PrimeTel network and start saving money.

To register for PrimeTel-Cel, click here. Once you have registered you will see the name PrimeTel on the bottom left-hand corner of the display on your phone. Just click on that and dial in the normal way and you are calling with PrimeTel-Cel and saving money. Once you have clicked on the PrimeTel name you can even use the numbers stored in your phones address book in the normal way. There is no need to change anything about the way you normally make calls.

PrimeTel-Cel works by passing the call over the data capability of your cellular phone and operator. Your phone needs to support Symbian versions 8 or 9 or Windows Mobile versions 5 or 6. To see a list of just some of the compatible phones click here. No matter which of the main operators in South Africa provides you with your cellular service you have the ability to use the data capability of your phone.

When you want to call another PrimeTel-Cel user you call them on their normal cellular number but you just add 27 ahead of the normal cellular phone number. For example, if you want to call someone whose cellular number is 083 123 4567 you just use your PrimeTel-Cel application and dial 27 083 123 4567

How do I get PrimeTel-Cel?

You need to register with us (click here to register). Once you have registered we will send you an SMS with the link to the application. Click on the link shown on the SMS and it will download automatically to your cellular phone. Then just follow the simple instructions and start calling with PrimeTel-Cel and saving money.

Can I use PrimeTel-Cel on any phone?

You need to have a cellular phone that supports either Symbian versions 8 or 9 or Windows Mobile versions 5 or 6. For a list of the main phones that have this click here

What does it cost?

We charge a monthly subscription of R25 per month (including VAT). This gives you unlimited free calling between all PrimeTel-Cel users and PrimeTel phone lines.
As a limited-time offer, we also give you R5 per month to spend on calls to anywhere in South Africa or the world.
If you are a pre-paid cellular user we charge your monthly subscription by automatically deducting that amount each month from your airtime. If you are a contract cellular phone user we will charge it through your cellular phone operator and it will appear on your bill from the operator.

If you want to call phone numbers that are not PrimeTel-Cel numbers or PrimeTel phone numbers you can make those calls using your PrimeTel-Cel but you must buy from us pre-paid airtime for those calls. This you can order online by clicking here. You can pay for the pre-paid airtime by EFT, Debit Order, Bank Deposit or Credit Card.

To buy pre-paid airtime you can also go to the Calling Plans link on the PrimeTel web site and select the option PrimeTel-Cel. There you be able to buy pre-paid airtime and select your payment method (or just click here). You can also call the Exactmobile call centre on 0860 533 533. There you will be able to buy pre-paid airtime and select your payment method (or just click here).

We also have special Business and Corporate Plans to save you even more money. For more information on these please contact us on customerservice@primetel.co.za or call 087 806 3000

To see the cost for calls to numbers that are not PrimeTel-Cel numbers or PrimeTel phone numbers please click here

To buy pre-paid airtime you can go to the Calling Plans link on the PrimeTel web site and select the option PrimeTel-Cel.

But Bitfarmers I would Suggest wait for it to come to mxit

COMPATIBLE HANDSETS

Operating System Platform Symbian Operating System
Operating System Versions 9.0 (S60 3rd Edition)
9.1 (S60 3rd Edition)
8.0 (S60 2nd Edition)

Typical Brands Supported Nokia

Please note the following list may not include every phone, though every effort is made to keep up to date.

Version 9.0
• Nokia N95
• Nokia N73
• Nokia N80
• Nokia N91
• Nokia N93
• Nokia N90
• Nokia N72
• Nokia E90
• Nokia E65
• Nokia N95 8GB
• Nokia N92
• Nokia 3250
• Nokia N76
• Nokia 5700
• Nokia E50
• Nokia N93i
• Nokia 6120 classic
• Nokia E61
• Nokia N81 8GB
• Nokia N71
• Nokia N75
• Nokia 6110 Navigator
• Nokia N77
• Nokia N82
• Nokia E70
• Nokia E61i
• Nokia N81
• Nokia E60
• Nokia E51
• Nokia E62
• Nokia 6121 classic
• Nokia N96
• Nokia N78

Version 8.0
• Nokia 6681
• Nokia N70
• Nokia 6680

Operating System Platform
Windows Mobile Operating System
Operating System Versions 5.0
Typical Brands Supported Some HTC, I-mate, Qtek, Samsung, Toshiba, Motorola, Palm, Asus, Glofish, HP
Exclusions The application is not compatible with:
Windows Mobile 2003
Please note the following list is definitely not exhaustive as there are over 300 Windows Mobile models available.

• Motorola Q 8
• Samsung i600
• HTC S710
• Motorola Q 9h
• Samsung i320
• Samsung i310
• Qtek 8310
• Samsung i620
• HTC S620
• HP iPAQ 514
• i-mate SP5
• i-mate Smartflip
• O2 XDA Orion
• Qtek 8500
• i-mate SP5m
• O2 Cosmo
• i-mate SPL
• O2 XDA Graphite
• HTC S730
• HTC MTeoR
• HTC S630
• Qtek 8300
• O2 XDA phone
• Qtek 8600
• HTC S310
• Palm Treo 500v
• i-mate SPJAS
• Asus M530w
• Pantech Duo
• Samsung i607 BlackJack
• Toshiba G710
• HTC TyTN II
• O2 XDA Atom
• HTC Touch
• O2 XDA Exec
• i-mate JASJAR
• O2 XDA mini S
• i-mate K-JAM
• i-mate JASJAM
• Qtek 9100
• HTC TyTN
• i-mate JAMin
• O2 XDA Atom Exec
• Qtek 9600
• O2 XDA Trion
• Qtek 9000
• O2 XDA Orbit
• HTC P3300
• HTC P4350
• i-mate Ultimate 7150
• O2 XDA Atom Life
• Qtek S200
• O2 XDA Neo
• HP iPAQ rw6828
• HTC Touch Cruise
• HTC P3600
• O2 XDA Stealth
• Eten glofiish M700
• HTC Touch Dual
• Asus P535
• i-mate Ultimate 9150
• Toshiba G900
• Samsung i780
• Palm Treo 750v
• i-mate Ultimate 8150
• O2 XDA Zinc
• HP iPAQ rw6815
• Palm Treo 750
• O2 XDA Flame
• BenQ-Siemens P51
• HTC P3400
• i-mate Ultimate 9502
• Eten Glofish X800
• Asus P735
• Asus P525
Jansen543
Jansen543
Vice Clan Leader
Vice Clan Leader

Male
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-08-20

http://dac.xippy.org

Back to top Go down

Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls Empty Re: Unlimited Free Cellphone Calls

Post by Deckard717 13.09.08 21:07

Phew...that's a lot to read...I scanned over it and it looks good. I'll read it in depth soon.

Thanks Jansen
Deckard717
Deckard717
Battlefield Admin
Battlefield Admin

Male
Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Morphza 15.09.08 7:30

But they will be renting connectivity from either Vodacom or MTN...

So we'll still get the crappy signal and low quality calls Sad
Morphza
Morphza
Senior Clan Member
Senior Clan Member

Male
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://dac.xippy.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZONKSA 16.09.08 17:21

Yes remember we live in AFRICA~~~ :geek:

My famous line to give customers when they expect more I can give!!!
ZONKSA
ZONKSA
Call of Duty Admin
Call of Duty Admin

Male
Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Morphza 17.09.08 7:49

lol!

Its amazing that we are 1st world in a number of things, but 3rd world is so many others.
Morphza
Morphza
Senior Clan Member
Senior Clan Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -=CTK=-Playburn 17.09.08 11:25

Lol... you must work in the African Factor!!!
-=CTK=-Playburn
-=CTK=-Playburn
Colonel
Colonel

Male
Number of posts : 574

Back to top Go down

Post by Morphza 17.09.08 13:29

No... i live in it Smile
Morphza
Morphza
Senior Clan Member
Senior Clan Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Migs 17.09.08 13:33

Morphza wrote:lol!

Its amazing that we are 1st world in a number of things, but 3rd world is so many others.

Yep Like, Broadband and CAP limits, :x
Migs
Migs
Colonel
Colonel

Male
Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by -=CTK=-Playburn 17.09.08 13:43

True, last year in the papers they had a stat, that i would be cheaper and faster to catch a Plane to beijing, download 100gb of data and fly back, then it is to download in SA.
-=CTK=-Playburn
-=CTK=-Playburn
Colonel
Colonel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morphza 17.09.08 13:57

*nod*

When i stayed in the UK, we had a 8MB line with no cap for 25 pounds...
(R388)

Now we gotta pay that much just for the line rental of a decent line Sad
Morphza
Morphza
Senior Clan Member
Senior Clan Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Migs 17.09.08 16:09

I wonder what NeoTel will bring to the table, :roll:
Migs
Migs
Colonel
Colonel

Male
Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by -=CTK=-Playburn 18.09.08 7:08

Now that is a Excellent Question. It's stil Wireless like iBurst, but we have to wait and see...
-=CTK=-Playburn
-=CTK=-Playburn
Colonel
Colonel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morphza 18.09.08 7:26

There WiMax offerings are tempting... but for now i'm going to sit and wait to see what pans out.
Morphza
Morphza
Senior Clan Member
Senior Clan Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -=CTK=-Playburn 18.09.08 8:31

...and play BF in the meantime... We already have the option from Asus, to ship notebooks with WiMax receivers, but we first need to see if it's going to go anywhere in this country. Mweb has allready done the Live testing trails last year , but the rollout has been put on hold till further notice.
-=CTK=-Playburn
-=CTK=-Playburn
Colonel
Colonel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morphza 18.09.08 8:46

yup...

The following companies have run their trials, but nothing since...

Vodacom, MTN, Mweb & SAIX
Morphza
Morphza
Senior Clan Member
Senior Clan Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content